The NU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rain Dance

2 posters

Go down

Rain Dance Empty Rain Dance

Post by Prostiboots Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:05 pm

Rain Dance Persian

Persian @ Damp Rock
Limber, Jolly
6 HP, 252 Att, 252 Speed

-Hypnosis
-Rain Dance
-Taunt
-U-turn

Sets up rain, and the uses U-turn to go to a sweeper who likes the rain. Limber because Technician isn't doing much, and I'd rather guarantee that Persian can set up a fast rain. Taunt and Hypnosis can stop leads, and any troublesome pokemon.

Rain Dance Gorebyss

Gorebyss @ Life Orb
Swift Swim, Modest
30 HP, 252 SpAtt, 228 Speed

-Surf
-Psychic
-HP Grass
-Ice Beam

One of the best UU special sweepers comes to NU. 228 speed ev's with modest is all Gorebyss need in rain - it outruns all base 70 speed pokes with a positive speed nature, max speed, and a scarf. It hurts things. *shrugs*

Rain Dance Huntail

Huntail @ Muscle Band

Swift Swim, Adamant
30 HP, 252 Att, 228 Speed

Crunch
Return
Aqua Tail
Rain Dance

It's like a physical Gorebyss with 10 less base Attack. It's also a good secondary dancer - it was originally a bander before I realised I had forgotten a second dancer, and it needs a bit more survivability, my reasoning for using a Muscle Band. It also hurts things, but not as well.

Rain Dance Hitmonchan-m

Hitmonchan @ Choice Scarf
Iron Fist, Jolly
252 Att, 6 SpDef, 252 Speed

-Close Combat
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Thunderpunch

Revenge killer - has pretty good coverage. It's like an NU Electivire with a more powerful fighting and ice move (due to Iron Fist,) and less everything else.

Rain Dance Raichu-m

Raichu @ Leftovers
Static, Timid
252 SpAtt, 6 SpDef 252 Speed

-Substitute
-HP Ice
-Grass Knot
-Thunder

Throws around 100% accurate Thunders in the rain. Sub scouts, and protects from status. People tend to think it's going to use Nasty Plot. It's so satisfying when they get slammed for it.

Rain Dance Dusclops

Dusclops @ Leftovers
Adamant, Pressure
4 HP, 252 Att, 126 Def, 126 SpDef

-Shadow Sneak
-Pain Split
-Ice Punch
-Will-o-Wisp
Acts as a sweeper buffer, stopping things that could otherwise give me trouble. Frail or weakened sweepers go down to Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch is for some coverage. Will-O-Wisp is to stop physical attackers that it can't immediately punish. EV's are to maximise Pain Split's power, and have equal defences to switch in with. It can still take enough of a beating, which is good.
Prostiboots
Prostiboots
NU Committee Member
NU Committee Member

Male Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-03-05

http://www.bitchmakemeasandwich.com

Back to top Go down

Rain Dance Empty Re: Rain Dance

Post by Sasami Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:36 pm

Hmm. Looks well-built, I don't see any horrible weaknesses or anything.

My only concerns are that Scarfed Butterfree leads seem like they'll cause problems (you'd have to switch to Dusclops and try to set up Rain later) and Shedinja can randomly stop sweeps whenever he wants (only Dusclops and Huntail can stop him and you lack Stealth Rock).

Those are minor issues, though, that I'm sure you'll be able to play around.

Watch out for offensive Banette--it's not really seen much now but it could really screw with your team thanks to Sucker Punch, Pursuit, and it's ghost typing.
Sasami
Sasami
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-02-27

https://nuforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Prostiboots Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:05 pm

I'm not sure how far Sucker Punch would go against Huntail and Gorebyss, they've got a good defence.

Maybe just replace Dusclops with a defensive Banette? Insomnia stops Butterfree.
Prostiboots
Prostiboots
NU Committee Member
NU Committee Member

Male Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-03-05

http://www.bitchmakemeasandwich.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasami Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:45 pm

Prostiboots wrote:I'm not sure how far Sucker Punch would go against Huntail and Gorebyss, they've got a good defence.

Maybe just replace Dusclops with a defensive Banette? Insomnia stops Butterfree.

Well, according to my statistics when Banette was popular most were banded. A CB Sucker Punch is gonna hurt, although I'm too lazy to do damage calcs at the moment (and pissed off at Forumotion for glitching the first time I tried to make this post). Also, Banette tends to run max HP, allowing it to take a hit if it fails to OHKO.

Hmm, that's a good idea. You get to keep Shadow Sneak and Will O' Wisp, too. I would try Banette out and see how it goes.
Sasami
Sasami
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-02-27

https://nuforum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down