The NU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MayJune09 Rotation-- Second Team, Sandstorm

Go down

MayJune09 Rotation-- Second Team, Sandstorm Empty MayJune09 Rotation-- Second Team, Sandstorm

Post by Shine Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:48 pm

Okay, so I'm on a Weather team kick. This is actually my THIRD team, but I haven't exactly had much of a chance to use these, since no one's ever around to actually play NU, or even cares anymore besides myself and Sami. Anyway, I bring you a revamping of my first Sandstorm team from way back when NU just began, and we still had Shuckle. XD;

At a Glance
======================================
MayJune09 Rotation-- Second Team, Sandstorm Dpfba222MayJune09 Rotation-- Second Team, Sandstorm Dpmba346MayJune09 Rotation-- Second Team, Sandstorm Dpmba337MayJune09 Rotation-- Second Team, Sandstorm Dpmba348MayJune09 Rotation-- Second Team, Sandstorm Dpmba195MayJune09 Rotation-- Second Team, Sandstorm Dpmba378
======================================

MayJune09 Rotation-- Second Team, Sandstorm Dpffa222
Corsola @Leftovers
-Toxic
-Sandstorm
-Reflect
-Rest
Natural Cure, Impish
212 HP, 44 Def, 252 Sp.Def

The lead that starts up Sandstorm for me. You might recognize this set as being similar to the Corsola I used in the original team- I kept it, because it did very well. Reflect is there to compliment the Sp.Def boost granted by Sandstorm, while Toxic is for damage, and Rest is for Recovery- since Corsola's got Natural Cure, anyway, I figure there's no reason to pack Recover over Natural Cure.

MayJune09 Rotation-- Second Team, Sandstorm Dpmfa346
Cradily @Leftovers
-Rest
-Swords Dance
-Stone Edge
-Seed Bomb
Suction Cups, Impish
220 HP, 200 Def, 88 Sp.Def

Again, similar if not identical to the original. Because of its bulk, it has no problems running Rest to keep off Toxic and WilloWisp, Swords Dancing up and sweeping all the while. This is a decent choice to help resist Grass attacks against Corsola.

MayJune09 Rotation-- Second Team, Sandstorm Dpmfa337
Lunatone @Leftovers
-Calm Mind
-Reflect
-Earth Power
-Ice Beam
Levitate, Bold
220 HP, 180 Def, 108 Sp.Atk

Lunatone helps handle Ground attacks against my Rock types and such, as well as serving as a special sweeper. This is another set that was similar to that of the original, although with a minor change. Calm Mind boosts Lunatone's offensive capabilities and eventually nullifies the need for Sandstorm, while Reflect compliments the Sp.Def boosts to give it some physical bulk, as well as team support. After that, Earth Power and Ice Beam come out to sweep.

MayJune09 Rotation-- Second Team, Sandstorm Dpmfa348
Armaldo @Leftovers
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-X-Scissor
Battle Armor, Impish
180 HP, 44 Atk, 148 Def, 136 Sp.Def

This one's new, since we didn't have Armaldo in the first rotation. With all its physical bulk, it's a wonderful candidate to receive a Sp.Def boost in Sandstorm, and because of that, it can comfortably SD up against most foes and start a sweep.

MayJune09 Rotation-- Second Team, Sandstorm Dpmfa195
Quagsire @Leftovers
-Yawn
-Sandstorm
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
Water Absorb, Relaxed
212 HP, 108 Atk, 180 Def, 8 Sp.Def

Sleep support and my second Sandstorm setup. I'm not sure where I got the idea to mix this guy without running any Sp.Atk EVs, but apparently, it seemed like a good idea at the time. I haven't tried this team in a while, so I don't remember it all that clearly, if you couldn't already tell. Anyway, this gives me a Water and Electric immunity, which is always nice.

MayJune09 Rotation-- Second Team, Sandstorm Dpmfa378
Regice @Leftovers
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
Clear Body, Bold
204 HP, 148 Def, 156 Sp.Atk

Not entirely sure why this is here, probably just filler, but Regice rarely steers me wrong. This set might suck, but I figure it's worth trying, since a lot of other trainers seem to get a lot of mileage out of SleepTalk combinations. Besides, it's on a Smogon set, so it must have SOME worth, right?
Shine
Shine

Male Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down