The NU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March - April 2009 Hail Team - ProstiShine

3 posters

Go down

March - April 2009 Hail Team - ProstiShine Empty March - April 2009 Hail Team - ProstiShine

Post by Prostiboots Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:42 pm

March - April 2009 Hail Team - ProstiShine 464
Snover @Focus Sash
Rash, Snow Warning: 4 HP, 252 Att, 252 SpA

- Protect
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Energy Ball

Pretty obvious. It starts Hail, job done.

As strange as it sounds, though, this thing kills. STAB Blizzard from Max SpAtt still hurts, and it can finish off focus Sashers and other things with Ice Shard. Energy Ball for STAB, of course, and Protect to scout things, Focus Sash/Max attack EVs just so it hurts SOMETHING.

March - April 2009 Hail Team - ProstiShine 107
Hitmonchan @ Black Belt
Adamant, Iron Fist: 252HP, 252 Att, 4 Spe

- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Fire Punch
- Rapid Spin

Rapid Spinner, Mach Punch for priority and Drain Punch to recover lost health from Hail damage and entry hazards. Black Belt acts as a mini life orb for the fighting attacks, without recoil. Fire Punch to cover poison and bug types. HP EV's help it come in and take hits.

March - April 2009 Hail Team - ProstiShine 124
Jynx @ Life Orb
Timid, Forewarn: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe

-Blizzard
-HP Fighting
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball

STAb, 100% Accurate Blizzards from one of the highest Special Attacks in NU is obvious. Psychich for STAB, and Shadow Ball/HP Fighting for coverage. HP over Focus Blast because she can't afford to miss. EV's are obvious. I originally had it as a Specser, but the Blizzards end up as overkill, so I'm trying to see if switching attacks works out better than murderous power.

March - April 2009 Hail Team - ProstiShine 221
Piloswine @ Choice Band
Adamant, Snow Cloak: 4 HP, 252 Att, 252 Spe

-Ice Shard
-Avalanche
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

Piloswine has 100 Base Attack - A good number here in NU, and with a Band, it can dish out painful amounts of damage. EQ is STAB, being obligatory, and a good attack in general, with great coverage when combined with Stone Edge. Avalanche because Piloswine is slow (I'm considering switching the Speed to HP,) and Ice Shard because priority is always nice.

March - April 2009 Hail Team - ProstiShine 226
Mantine @ Leftovers
Calm, Water Absorb: 196 HP, 60 SpA, 252 SpD

-Surf
-HP Flying
-Blizzard
-Toxic

Attacking tank. Provides a welcome water and ground immunity, fighting resist and can take any special beating not called Thunderbolt. Toxic is to hurt things it doesn't have SE coverage against. Dual STAB and Blizzard to make a few things think twice.

March - April 2009 Hail Team - ProstiShine 491
Regigigas @ Leftovers
Modest, Slow Start: 252 HP, 56 Def, 146 SpA, 56 SpD

-Confuse Ray
-Earth Power
-HP Water
-Thunder Wave

Spreads Paralysis. And it does that well. It tanks nicely, too, but without recovery, it gets worn down more quickly than you mgiht think. Attacks are to cover Rock, Fire, and Poison types, who could give the team problems otherwise.

It's still being tweaked, but it works pretty well. Snover kills a lot more than I expected. A LOT.

Last edited by Prostiboots on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Prostiboots
Prostiboots
NU Committee Member
NU Committee Member

Male Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-03-05

http://www.bitchmakemeasandwich.com

Back to top Go down

March - April 2009 Hail Team - ProstiShine Empty Re: March - April 2009 Hail Team - ProstiShine

Post by Ninja Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:57 pm

I could see the Jynx running Scarf as easily as Orb, and it would let you make more investment in HP, if you so desire. =P

Although I get that you might not want to have two Choice pokes in one team, huh.

Other than that, I like it. =D
Ninja
Ninja

Male Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

March - April 2009 Hail Team - ProstiShine Empty Re: March - April 2009 Hail Team - ProstiShine

Post by Shine Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:02 pm

Ninja wrote:I could see the Jynx running Scarf as easily as Orb, and it would let you make more investment in HP, if you so desire. =P

Although I get that you might not want to have two Choice pokes in one team, huh.

It was originally Spec'd, so no problems with two Choice users on one team, really, and HP doesn't do Jynx much good, considering she's pretty fragile. Prosti just feels that Life Orb might open up more sweeping opportunities, and that the Specs boost isn't entirely necessary.
Shine
Shine

Male Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Prostiboots Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:29 pm

Ninja wrote:I could see the Jynx running Scarf as easily as Orb, and it would let you make more investment in HP, if you so desire. =P

I have a team with a Bander, Specser and Scarfer.

I just want Jynx free. I'm tweaking, to see what works better, I might drop something for CM at a point.
Prostiboots
Prostiboots
NU Committee Member
NU Committee Member

Male Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-03-05

http://www.bitchmakemeasandwich.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down